Join Team Imo!
Project Imo is seeking passionate, dedicated, and experienced adventure educators and program facilitators to join our team for per diem program openings.
We are looking for energetic people with a variety of backgrounds in adventurous experiential learning including low challenge course facilitation, teambuilding and youth leadership programs, frontcountry hiking and camping trips, and canoeing programs. Our program calendar is building for 2023 and our team members receive opportunities to work a program when it arises. Programs take place in a variety of locations across Connecticut depending upon the participant’s needs.
Successful applicants will be added to a list of potential program educators and facilitators and contacted for per diem work as programs arise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program facilitation of small or large groups
- Honoring a culture of challenge of choice
- Assisting in care and maintenance of program equipment
- Assisting in program planning, assessment, and related activities
- Maintaining a culture of program safety including emotional, physical, psychological, social, and spiritual domains.
- Be available for programs within driving distance in the CT/RI/MA are
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications
Successful team members will have proven leadership and facilitation experience and concrete and demonstrable skills and qualifications including:
- An unwavering commitment to quality programs, teamwork, inclusive communities that respect all people, and a deep commitment to environmental education and stewardship.
- Certifications or ability to become certified as needed in areas such as paddle sports, challenge course operations, lifeguarding, or attending Project Imo training in order to be eligible for programs requiring such.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR/AED or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire for personal growth, asking questions, and reflective thought.
- Formal low challenge course training by an ACCT or PRCA Accredited provider
- ACA Canoeing instructorships or equivalent
- Red Cross lifeguarding or equivalent
Pay and Benefits
This is a per diem position paying $17.00 to $22.00/hour depending upon experience and certification. Program hours are offered up based upon experience and program need. This is not a benefits eligible position.
Project Imo, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Our nonprofit services to our communities are strengthened by people from all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives who work together with a common vision. We encourage any and all applicants with the above qualifications to apply.
If preferred you can always email us directly. Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Per Diem Facilitator” as the subject line. Program facilitation logs and portfolios are welcomed.